Beef Bourguignon (Classic French Beef Stew)
Indulging in the luxurious world of French cuisine is a true delight, and no dish exemplifies this quite like a batch of savory Beef Bourguignon. Known for its rich flavors and tender chunks of slow-cooked meat, this classic French stew is perfect for impressing dinner guests or simply treating yourself to a fancy meal at home. In this article, we'll walk you through our step-by-step recipe for creating your very own mouthwatering Beef Bourguignon that's sure to transport your taste buds straight to Parisian kitchens. So let's get cooking!
- 4 Lbs Beef Stew Meat
- 10 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper (Added to Flour)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt (Added to Flour)
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper (Added to Stew)
- 6 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Celery, Diced
- 4 Cups Button Mushrooms, Quartered
- 6 Cups Carrots, Quartered in Sticks
- 1 Tsp Whole Thyme
- 1 Box 48oz of Beef Stock
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Peppers
- 2 Cubes Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Tbsp “Better than Bouillon” Beef
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Add garlic salt and black pepper to All Purpose Flour and mix well.
- Take beef and dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven.
- Sear all beef in batches, and set aside after each batch.
- Empty grease from pan. Add garlic and tomato paste in pan, and sauté on low for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine and add beef stock, onions, and celery.
- Put lid on, bake in oven at 400℉ for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- After 1 hour, 15 minutes of baking, add carrots for 1 hour of baking.
- After 1 hour of carrots baking, add mushrooms for last 15 minutes of baking.